Flights

10.9.07

Beer !

I love Polish beer. Especially in Gdańsk, I really really enjoyed myself with the beer. I mentioned Kozlak in a previous post, but also discovered something new from the same brewery (Amber) that I loved ! Żywe, which means "alive". It's a high-gravity lager, unfiltered, unpasteurized beer that is most reminiscent of some of the heavier micros I've had in the States. It's fan-flipping 'tastic ! I don't know if I could drink it all the time, but between Kozlak and Żywe, I had a hard time deciding what to have. Oh, and Ania - who normally isn't such a beer drinker, really liked Żywe too, so that was doubly cool. We tried one more beer from the Amber brewery I hadn't had yet, and it was good, but not as likable as Żywe.

Other than that I don't think I had anything else I hadn't had before, but I did enjoy my "standards" - Żywiec, Okocim and Perła. For some reason this time I had a couple of Żywiec off draught that really blew my socks off. It's always good, but these were beers I'll remember for a while. Oh, and in Lublin at the Irish Pub U Szewca I had a couple of obligatory Guinness.

No comments: