Flights

31.8.07

Almost out the door...

... I woke to Ania calling me this morning. I had gotten almost everything I needed to get done completed last night so I slept in this morning. Even now, I'm enjoying being on vacation ;-)

I'm so happy to be headed to see Ania. I'm about to hop into the shower and get ready to leave. My Aunt Mona is coming in about 40 minutes to pick me up and give me a ride to the airport.

I'm scheduled to leave Albuqueruqe at 13:05 - no storms or anything today here or in Chicago, so I imagine the flights will be running on schedule. I have a 5½ hour wait in Chicago, so I'm not exactly in a rush...

So, it's not much really - just two lenses, my XT Rebel body, video camera and assorted batteries, cards, tapes and chargers - but I feel like I'm taking a studio with me. Even so - with clothes and everything - I'm packed into about 23 lbs. and a single carryon.

Ania's Internet service should be turned on by tomorrow evening, so hopefully I'll be able to post something here after I arrive in Krasnik. If not, I'll be looking for an Internet café in Gdansk once we're there.

Dowidzenia !

No comments: