Flights

2.5.07

Well then !

Ok, well, it's taken me a while to finally post, but I arrived here fine on Friday the 27th, and met Ania shortly after I arrived in Warsaw.

We spent our first two days together in Warsaw and enjoyed the realatively nice weather, which they had not been having up to that point. I guess maybe I brought some of the New Mexico sun (but thankfully not the wind!) with me. The temperatures have been hovering around 10C during the day, and though not warm, the sun has been shining. We saw some rain one evening in Warsaw, but the following morning was sunny and we spent the day walking around the Warsaw Botanical Garden and Belvedere. It was a really pleasant day.

So, the next day (Sunday) we hopped on an express train to Krakow, where we only stayed one night, but thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. Again, sunny if a bit chilly, but lovely for strolling around the old city in Krakow.

All this time I have been having Ania really try to beat some Polish into my head, and it must be working a tiny bit at least ;-) I have been attempting to order food and drinks, with relatively good success. Most other operations still are out of my reach, but I feel like I will leave Poland this time with a much firmer foundation in Polish than I have had before.

Monday afternoon, we took another train - this time to Zakopane, where we are now. Zakopane is literally crawling with tourists, and although it's hard not to be a little xenophobic, it is fun. We're staying in a charming B&B/Pension, and it's a good thing I made reservations... This morning one of the ladies at the Pension was telling Ania that there is literally not a room free anywhere even in the nearby towns.

Running out of time. Will post more later !!!


~J

No comments: