Flights

4.5.07

Frustrations ! ;-)

Traveling is always an interesting challenge...

One of the things I find hardest to get accustomed to - especially in the East - is the apparent "pushiness" of people. It's not really rudeness, but by American/British standards, it's a bit of a surprise, although you would expect I'd be used to it by now. Lines/queues really don't mean much, and it's always a shock the first time some little old lady pushes forcefully by you to get that prime spot on the bus, etc. It transfers over to traffic too...

Ania said it best - "here, you have to fight for every little thing." That goes double for a place at a restuarant, parking spot, or a chance to use a public toilet if it's busy. To me, it seems horribly inefficient, but then, I'm a little anal-retentive about that sort of thing anyhow. Luckily, I have learned to just grin and call it a cultural experience ;-)

No comments: